1. Married to a wonderful husband and together we have 2 beautiful children who are the light of my life, and the reason why I do what I do.
2. I work full-time but have finally said “Now is the time!” to actively pursue my hobby of health and wellness. Each day that passes by and I don’t do something is time lost.
3. Something that makes me smile? My children.
4. For years, I have felt a calling towards yoga. I love how it calms me down, encourages me to focus on only the space on my mat. My ‘someday’ goal is to get my 200 RYT certification.
5. Severalyears back, I slightly injured my knee running and was told that “at my age (40) and running in minimalist shoes I would never be able to run a 1/2 Marathon. Truth be told, I don’t like being told I can’t do something. September 2016 I ran a Ragnar Race with a team of amazing women.
5. Cleaning is strangely therapeutic for me (unless no one is helping…)
6. Oh, do I love a glass of wine. But after years of sneezing when I drank it, I decided I needed some “real” proof that I was indeed sensitive or allergic to it. So I gave it up for a number of months and then re-introduced. 1 glass of organic white wine…out of the question. One glass of organic red wine, not as bad. More than one glass…bring on the sneezing attack!
7. I have been experimenting with vegan, raw and green smoothies for a number of years now.After picking up running again this past year, even a dabble here and there with Paleo. It has been very good to me. Diet? No, just do what your body asks for. We are all unique.
8. I love to travel. Top of my list…Renting a villa in Italy with a workable garden, and spending 3 months with my family enjoying the countryside. Next closest…seeing a true starry night at Macha Pichu.
9. I am not the most creative person out there, but when I see something I like, I make it work. My next project…finish my childrens book.
My Goals and Intentions
I am putting these out there for everyone to see. But when I put my goals and intentions out into the universe for all to see; now that is accountability!
Goal 1: Become a certified yoga teacher…someday
Goal 2: Write a children’s book on healthy eating
Goal 3: Give/create seminars on the Primary Foods (Relationships, Career, Spirituality and Exercise)
Goal 4: Be there are a resource for people who want to improve how they eat, or any of their primary foods.
Goal 5: Blog about my journey and what I find along the way
I am grateful that you have chosen to follow me; give me feedback and be interested in my journey.